No matter your age, where you live, or your career goals, chances are your biggest goal in life is still joy and success. Being successful means much more than having money and being known. It means following your desires, living with purpose, and enjoying the present moment. There are several ways to know how to be successful in life but in this article, I will show the most tested and trusted among them.
The following are 10 proven and tested tips that will catapult you and solve the problem of how to be successful in life.
Table of Contents
1. Live for a purpose.
To achieve your dreams and be the person you want to be, start by accessing your actions. Ask yourself, “Will what I’m going to do lead me to where I want to be in life?”
• If you’re constantly bored, fantasizing about the future or the past, or counting down the minutes until the end of the day, it’s probably because you’re ‘ disconnected’ from what you’re doing.
• Cherish every second. Spend your free time doing what you love instead of wasting your time. For example, instead of spending your weekends watching television, indulge in your hobbies or take care of family and friends.
2. Identify what excites you.
Before you can hope for success, you need to ask yourself what success means to you. To some it may mean; smashing goals, fulfilling dreams, or accomplishing tasks. So what does success mean to you!?, Only you can answer that.
It may take months or years to know what you want to do with your life, but identifying your passions, interests, and values, will help you set goals and find meaning in your life.
If you have trouble identifying these things, ask a friend or a loved one to help you.
Ask yourself a few questions.
• What legacy do you want to leave?
• How do you want to be remembered?
• How do you want to move your community forward?
• What are your favorite interests in life? For example, think about the subjects you enjoyed in school and ask yourself why you liked them. For example, you may like musical theatre.
Ask yourself: was it because you loved the music or was it because you loved being part of a large group that worked towards a common goal?
3. Surround yourself with positive people.
Be friends with people you admire for different reasons: because they are happy, kind, generous, successful at work or in other areas. Join the people who have achieved the things you want to achieve or are trying to achieve a common goal.
Don’t let jealousy get in your way. The success of others does not threaten your success.
• Before befriending someone, ask yourself if the person helps you feel motivated, positive, and confident or if they make you feel tired, overwhelmed, or incompetent. Spend time with positive people and not with those who will drain your energy.
• If you have friends or relatives who always make you feel bad, spend less time with them. Try to identify relationships that won’t allow you to achieve your goals, that stress you out, or that take up too much of your time and energy without being reciprocated.
• Look for mentors among people you admire. If you think you can learn from someone, ask their opinion.
4. Make a list of your goals
Make a list of your goals and what you plan to do to achieve them. Write down your short and long-term goals. Don’t stop at the financial and professional aspects. Think about your love life, what you want to do to feel better, the things you want to experience, or the things you want to learn. Make a timeline of when you need to achieve each goal
• Set SMART goals, i.e. Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time-bound goals.
• Break down the big goals. For example, if your goal is to see the world, you can first try to save some money and visit some countries.
5. Manage your time.
Waiting until the last minute to do important tasks can stress you out unnecessarily and increase the risk of mistakes or carelessness. Manage your schedule so that you have enough time to do what you need to do efficiently.
• Use a planner to help you stay organized throughout the day, week, or month.
• Schedule reminders on your smartphone and use its timer to better manage your time.
• Make a list of all the things you need to do during the day and check off each task as you
• complete them. This will help you stay organized and motivated.
6. Learn from mistakes
Mistakes should help you grow and improve. Learn from them in order to avoid other mistakes and thus take the right steps instead.
• Don’t get beat up over a mistake made, rather, examine your mistakes, draw your lessons and note what you would have done better to avoid such a mistake. Remember that, most successful people have made the most mistakes and most importantly, ‘Learned from them’
• Don’t be discouraged when you make mistakes, like they say, “There is a blessing disguised in every disappointment”. With each mistake made, comes the chance of adding to your knowledge bank and gaining more insight into that wise
7. Be positive and persevering to be successful
To be successful in life, you have to fight. You have to work hard and persevere. You have to stay strong, positive, and have a lot of perseverance! Being negative will only impede your success.
• Always have a positive feeling or mindset towards things and don’t be too focused on the bad side
• Be an Optimist!..
8. Be a lifelong learner
Learning gives you the knowledge, skills, and credibility to reach your maximum potential. There is always something to learn in life. All this learning allows you to improve and that is why you must always consider yourself as a student and not too quickly as an absolute master.
9. Don’t Compare Your Life To That Of Others.
Unfortunately, most people measure their success by comparing it to that of others. If you want to feel fulfilled and happy, appreciate your life for what it is.
Always remember, that success is unique and it means different things to different people
10. Be happy in whatever you do
Above all, it will be essential to love whatever you are doing. If you are passionate and love what you do, you can move mountains!
On the other hand, if you don’t love what you do, it will be much more difficult to be successful in the long term and to experience success.
That’s it. Your ten successes tips you can leverage on your journey of success today.
Just know that, regardless of what I tell you, success is personal and internal, and can only be influenced little by an external force. In other words, that’s me telling you that it ALL DEPENDS ON YOU.
I have provided you with what works, yet You also have a part to play, by applying it.
Knowledge on its own does not help, it is in the application of knowledge that results come alive.
JUST GET STARTED.
Cheers on your journey to success, will you be happy at the end? Only You can tell!